We believe that young children are developing in several areas simultaneously and that each of these development areas is equally important. The intellectual capabilities and social/emotional development of a child are interwoven. To augment one, the other one has to be developed. Our curriculum strives to meet the individual needs and assist the development of children in all developmental domains: intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
The program at First Steps offers unique opportunities for children to Learn & Play. These include:
- Creative art and problem solving skills– to enhance decision making capability
- Coordination skills – activities using large and small muscles
- Music and dance skills – songs, rhymes and rhythms.
- Swimming and sports – fosters athletic ability.
A First Steps child will learn not only through reading, writing and Math but also through music, art, play, building, moving, engaging in outdoor learning experiences and interacting with other children. Our curriculum is designed to meet all children where they are developmentally and to assist them in continuing to develop to their full potential.
Modules for Pre-School:
- Play Group – 2.5 – 3.5 years.
- Pre K – 3.5 – 4.5 years.
- Kindergarten – 4.5 – 5.5 years.